The Best Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
This soup is not just simple and delicious, it’s also vegan! Butternut squash regulates blood sugar levels, improves eyesight, bone health, and is known to nourish our skin’s cells. This version is one of my favorites with the addition of curry powder!
You Will Need:
(Note: Depending on the size of the squash you will need to tweak the ingredients)
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Small yellow or white onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Flake
- 3 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger Powder
- approx. 1 cup of hot water or stock
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 357 degrees F
- Cut squash longways & remove the seeds
- Place squash cut side up on an oven safe pan. Drizzle oil, salt & pepper onto the inside. Roast for 30-45 minutes or until the inside is fork tender.
- Let cool & scoop squash from the skin & place into a bowl. Set aside.
- Finely chop onion & garlic. Sautee in a pot with olive oil until soft & translucent
- Add in your spices to the pot, let spices warm for about 1-2 minutes
- Add in your roasted squash, mix and warm through for about 5 minutes
- Into the pot, pour in hot water or stock and blend until a thick smooth consistency is achieved.
- While mixture is on a medium to low heat, finish the soup with coconut milk & any additional seasonings to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy!