The Best Avocado Toast
Breakfast has always been known as the most important meal of the day. But, it hasn’t always been known as the healthiest. With so many options from pancakes and bacon to decedent eggs benedict, we pack on the calories leaving out important nutrients. Luckily as our outlook on health continues to evolve with the times we are inventing new and healthier options for our mornings, and I have to say one of my favorites is avocado toast. Avocado’s are an incredible super food packed with vitamins, minerals and good fats that have proven to encourage better heart health, lower cholesterol, and they even aid in losing weight! This creamy green fruit isn’t just for taco night anymore, keep reading to learn how to make the best avocado toast for a filling, and nutritious breakfast or snack!
There are literally hundreds of variations to this recipe, some can get pretty detailed with a lot of ingredients. Personally I like my mornings to be quick and easy, so I developed this recipe with not just speed but big flavor in mind. I like to think of this as a deconstructed guacamole, using ingredients that most of us will already have on hand.
You Will Need:
For 1-2 Servings
- Good Multigrain Bread ( I like to use Dave’s Killer Bread, Organic Good Seed )
- 1 Ripened Avocado
- Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Salt-Free
- 1-2 Eggs (optional)
*Pro. Tip : To make things even easier in the morning, you can pre-chop your ingredients and store in an air tight container to make assembly quicker and less stressful.
- Toast 2 slices of bread to your liking.
- Slice avocado in half and scoop out the inside into a bowl. Smash with a fork until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
- Thinly Slice red onion, and chop cilantro.
- If you want an egg on top, cook the egg however you prefer while bread is toasting. (To cut calories, consider poaching or microwaving your eggs.)
- Time to assemble! Spread your avocado onto the toast, top with red onion, cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a heavy sprinkle of Everything Bagel Seasoning. Top with egg, and ENJOY!
This is the best avocado toast I have ever made. Simple, full of flavor, filling, and healthy! You can create your own version with whatever ingredients you enjoy. Think of avocado as a creamy spread that literally can go with anything. Here are some add-on ideas!
Healthy Add-On’s :
- Sun-dried tomato
- smoked salmon or fresh crab
- chili flakes
- sunflower seeds
- mixed greens
- different herbs
Leave a Reply