Simple Baked Oatmeal
This delicious but simple baked oatmeal satisfies those sweet morning cravings without all the refined sugars and processed add ins. Oats are naturally gluten free and promote heart health, weight loss, and are full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Try this one out, you will not be disappointed!
You will need :
- 1/2 Cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups of instant oats
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- Any extra add-ins : Fruit, raisins, chopped nuts, coconut shreds, turmeric, ginger. The possibility’s are endless, choose ingredients that will boost your recipe and your health!
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Combine applesauce, oil, & eggs in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & milk
- Once ingredients are mixed, pour your liquid into the oat mixture & mix just until combined.
- Stir in your add ins at the end. (you can also top the mixture before placing in the oven for a beautiful presentation!)
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan with coconut oil and pour your mixture in. (If you want a thinner slice, feel free to use a larger pan, for a thicker use a smaller. Your cook times will vary.)
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. When oatmeal is light brown and the middle is clean when a toothpick is inserted the bake is done!
Don’t forget, you can pour your favorite plant milk warmed on top, or add some fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruits or seeds for a delicious and nutrient filled breakfast, brunch or snack!