Pineapple & Cucumber Salad
Pineapple is a sweet and nutrient dense fruit. Filled with potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, and so much more. It’s versatile in so many dishes but this is truly my favorite way to eat it. This dish is refreshing, bright, a little tart and goes really well next to a bowl of spicy curry! I decided to try this one as a lunch time salad by using the addition of cucumber.
You Will Need:
- 1 Medium Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Medium Cucumber
- Bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash cucumber, cilantro and limes well. Pat dry.
- Peel cucumber and pineapple, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Chop Cilantro
- Combine ingredients together.
- Juice 1-2 limes into the mixture. (Taste periodically to see how tart you would like it.)
- Add a pinch of salt & pepper
If you are planning a cookout or dinner, this dish is great to make ahead of time or the night before. It is also perfect as a side with any spicy foods, and you could even make a smoothie or juice from the leftovers!