Sunflower Seed Hummus | Hair and Scalp Health
The sun is all too often underappreciated. It boosts serotonin in our bodies, gives us vitamin D, and helps us absorb vital minerals. And without it, plants would never grow. The sun feeds our food source, and is a part of our lively-hood. Giving food the ability to regenerate our cells in a multitude of ways.
For example, certain foods (like the sunflower seed) can promote blood flow to the scalp, in turn strengthening hair and promoting growth, shine, and thickness. Try out the recipe below for a simple twist on hummus using sunflower seeds. These seeds are packed with Vitamin E and Zinc and are a perfect addition to anyone’s diet looking to boost their overall hair and scalp health.
You Will Need :
- 1 cup of unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper of preferred seasoning
- high quality organic olive oil
- Soak sunflower seeds overnight in clean, filtered water
- When ready, drain the seeds and set aside
- Roughly chop, cilantro, onion, garlic and place into a food processor
- Add sunflower seeds, seasonings, & lemon juice
- Add a small amount of oil and begin pulsing to get the mixture to start breaking up
- Once mixture is moving, begin to slowly drizzle in oil until the mixture becomes smooth, emulsified, and desired thickness.
- Refrigerate for up to a week, enjoy on salads, crackers, sandwiches, veggies etc.