Fresh Spring Roll Recipe
Eating your veggies doesn’t have to be boring! Try rolling them up into a perfect little rice paper package with your favorite protein, or make it vegan with all veggies! A friend taught me how to make these rolls while we were at the beach this summer and they made the perfect summer snack on a hot day! This is also an inexpensive way to use up leftover produce that you aren’t sure how to utilize! Have fun with this recipe, you can really get creative with ingredients!
Check out my video on how I made these yummy spring rolls, I listed out the directions for you below as well!
You Will Need:
You can honestly put any kind of veggies in these wraps that you want, I prefer the more traditional route with the ingredients listed below.
- Rice Paper Wraps
- Red Onion
- Rice Noodles
- Raw Peeled Shrimp
- Lime Juice
- Curry Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cut veggies into small pieces or strips and set aside.
- Season shrimp with curry powder, salt, pepper, and a splash of olive oil.
- Grill shrimp on a hot cast iron pan (or grill plate) until just cooked. Shrimp will change color and lose translucent look when cooked through.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime over the grilled shrimp and stir.
- Remove tails from shrimp and cut longways to fit better into wraps. Set aside.
- Cook your rice noodles to the suggested package directions. Once cooked, strain and set aside until they are cool to the touch.
- Now it’s time to assemble! First soak your rice wrap until pliable. (Soak these wraps one at a time to avoid sticking!)
- Don’t overfill the wraps, just put a little bit of each ingredient long ways on the wrap.
- To fold, turn in the outer edges and tuck one side into the other. Once tucked, roll up the excess wrap.
- Do this until you have made your desired amount of rolls. These don’t keep very long in the fridge due to the rice wrap, so I would suggest only making what you want to eat that day.